Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Lazy Spanish Sunday

I have managed to book up my weeks for the semester fairly well but my weekends are wiiiide open. On a Saturday this is fine because one can go shopping or get errands done around town and do useful things. Sundays in Spain however, are somewhat a forced day of rest because NOTHING is open. If you are between the ages of 15-65 this is fine as well because you probably need to sleep off a little bit of the night before. As I explained to my new co-worker, Sharita, Spanish nights out are as follows based on times you get home:
12pm-2am: you just went to dinner
2am-3:30am: you went and had a drink after dinner, nothing crazy
3:30am- 5:30am: pretty decent night. You had drinks at a few bars, maybe even did some dancing if you went to a place with good music.
5:30am-8am: Intensely-awesome night. Multiple bars plus you went the distance and hit the Discotecas! If you are smart you got some churros con chocolate ont he way home.

Saturday night I went out with Maca and her freinds. I got home at about 3:30, so as you can deduce from the time-table, it was a fun, chill night. So, today I slept in and proceeded with my Spanish Sunday when I got up around 1pm.

Sundays in Spain I have decided are best for lovers. You can see them, and evidence of this theory everywhere: they are making out on city streets, laying around in parks, passing the day with nothing to do but love each other. Yeah, I watched tv then eventually went for a jog in the park. Not a bad day all in all. Especially because I got to talk to both my mom and The Steph for equally long periods of time because I now have the internet en casa, YAY! All the better that I got a good deal on it because, although this may not seem like a big deal to you, when your are the only American that you know in a whole country.... talking to loved ones from home is like sanity crack. And today I got my fix :)

No comments: