Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TWO Thanksgivings?!

Yes, its true. to make up for being away from freinds and family, I gorged with Thanksgiving gusto not once but twice. On Thursday I made a pretty darn legit and authentic American Thanksgiving dinner for my Spanish roommates and freinds plus a few Americans. I had everything except for the turkey: mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, "Stuffing" (turned out to be weird, liquidy consistency, although they said they liked it....) and cranberry that my mom sent! I baked pumpkin pie and chocoalte chip cookies with the boys that I tutor for a funtional vocabulary exam. They passed with flying colors and now want to make cookies during class instead of doing homework.



The Thanksgiving dinner party and me and my roommates!


As if that amount of revelry wasnt enough, the next day I went down to Puerto to visit with my other American contingent. They had one up on my Thanksgiving spread: An actaul turkey! There is an American military base a few towns over and somehow they managed to smuggle one out. It was delish. We tried to go out that night but we were pretty sluggish. (We TRIED to explain to the Spaniard that you are not supposed to move after eating Thanksgiving dinner, but they wouldnt hear of staying in digesting on a Friday night).

All in all, a fabulous holiday. :)

No comments: