Tuesday, November 6, 2007

time flies...




It is already November! I can´t beleive it!




Let´s see what has happened since my last post?


1. Halloween! I spent all week introducing vocabulary like :witch, candy, pumpkin, ghost and bat and then on wednesday we had a halloween party in which my students knocked on the door with masks that we made in class and said "TRICK OR TREAT!". a triumphant moment. Then that night some of our fellow American english teachers threw a halloween party. (I thought I had pictures on my flash drive to post now, but it turns out that i don´t so i will post them later) My roommates were dice and a was a popular talk show host here in Spain named Patricia. She is basically the Spanish version of Ricky Lake. She is amazing. oh! actually I do have a picture of her! I will post me AS her later.


Patirica, in all her glory





2. This weekend my roommates went to Cadiz which is a port town down in the very southern coast of Spain. We hit all the traditional tourist sights: the cathedral, the beach, a castle and explorded quiant little winding roads. We also went to a Flamenco show. We have started a tradtion of going to the author´s choice in our guidebook for dinner, and again he did not fail us! We went to the most amazing tapas place, it was delicious. The highlight of this meal for me was dessert: ( I was thinking of you Mom and GRAMMY) the most AMAZING dulce de leche crepe EVER! There were tears in my eyes it was so good. Unfortunatly, something from our delcious dinner must not have agreed with Maggie because she wasn´t feeling weel for the rest of the night so in the morning we decided to head back to sevilla early, which was fine because it isn´t that far and we can go back to Cadiz anytime.
Me, lookin fab in Cadiz :)




Sunday Jennifer I discovered a huge outdoor market. A true cultural experience. Vendors yelling their prices, haggling, the whole bit. Jennifer got olives and I got cheap shoes, a very successful venture. Then we walked around the Jardines de Maria Lucia in Sevilla.





This week I really want to pursue getting a few more extra teaching jobs and the job of getting internet for our casa has also been assigned to me so I need to make some phone calls. This weekend we are planning on going to Malaga and Granada. Once I get the internet set up I will make a webalbum with all of my pictures! I already have around 300 or more.




Now I need to go catch the train back to Sevilla!


Hasta pronto,


MC

No comments: