Thursday, April 16, 2009

Post for March 10-20: Visit from Mama and Sister!

During Emily's spring break, she and my mom came to visit me here in Sevilla! I was so great to have them here, to see them of course but also to show them the reality of my life here, where I live and work. It was also strange because I feel that I have two totally separate lives, and with them here, for once my two worlds were one.

First I showed them around Sevilla: Here at La Plaza de Espana...






We even did the touristy cruise down the Guadalquivir river







Monday I had to work so they went to Cordoba on their own. But Tuesday and Wednesday my teacher's gave me the day off to spend with my family! We took advantage of course and Tuesday made a day trip to see the Sherry Bodegas in Jerez...




Their flight left out of Madrid that Saturday so we went up a few days early to check out the city. We saw the Prado museum, and the Guernica at La Reina Sofia. We also visited the Royal palace, Plaza Mayor and Retiro Park. Not bad for just two days!
Em on the bus:



We had such a great time and I miss them already! Although I will be home VERY soon.
Besos...

No comments: