Thursday, April 24, 2008

Feria and since...

Ok, finally, here are my pictures from Feria:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mclauerman/FeriaDeAbril

Not entirely my fault, my computer screen recently decided to die, so I have been using maggie's computer.. don't know if I will have time to fix mine before it is time to come home... oh yeah! I am coming home slightly earlier than expected for the summer, JUNE 21st! basically because I am going to travel to london and germany early in the month and after that I will be out of money with nothing to do adn no one to do it with. soooo I figured rather than chilling in my apartment in Sevilla (which will be unbearably hot by then) why not just hang out at home?!!

ANYway, feria, as you can see from the pictures, was pretty sweet. Sevilla has the biggest and most famous feria in the south of Spain so it was pretty cool that we got to go. The only problem for most extranjeros, or anyone who hasn't been in Sevilla very long, is that most of the casetas (party tents that make up most of the feria) are private, so you need to know someone to get in. There are a few public ones but they are, of course, crowded. Luckily, we are super cool and popular so we always had somewhere to go. AND, we are SO cool and important that in one of our freind's casetas we met the President of Andalucia!!! NEEEEAT!!! iIt would be like if you randomly met Aaaarnold downtown.... uhhh sweet!! He happens to be a mutual freind's uncle.... yeah.... we are kind of a big deal. I don't have the picture yet because it is on someone else's camera but when I do I will post it here!

Since then I have mostly just been working, it rained through feria and has been kind of yucky sincethen but this week it has started to clear up. Just in time, because my old 'pareja en crimen' Alycia will be arriving at the train station in just a few hours!!! This weekend we are going to go see a smaller feria in El Puerto de Santa Maria and stay at Hayley's. So, I will have to lend Alycia some of my feria gear: big earrings, flower to match the outfit, etc. Then I am planning on bringing her into school one day so someone from my life will get to see what my little gypsies are really like! After that is another puente (they do love thier long weekends here, God bless Spain) and we are going to Lagos, Portugal! It is only a short 4 hour bus ride away, I am excited!

After that there will only be one short month left of school, I can not beleive it!
Home all is well with everyone,
MC

No comments: