Friday, January 11, 2008

ella ha vuelto

si, estoy en España otra vez!

it took me a little longer than expected to get here... there was a little hurricane at SFO on Friday which but a bit of a crimp in my travel plans. Luckily, once I figured out that there was no way I was making my connection I managed to convince the nice airport lady that I did NOT want to spend any night in Philidelphia, so the next available flight out of SFO was not until Monday. This was a slight bummer for a few reasons: 1) my suitcase was checked to Madrid so even though I was tapping out of travelling for the weekend, it was going to Madrid without me. 2) I wanted to be back in Spain before Jan. 6 because it is Reyes Magos, the day that Spaniards exchange presents, have a parade and really party for Christmas. 3) My freinds Maggie and Hayley were waiting for me with Magos party plans. BUT the pros were obvious: another weekend with my beloved family! and I just did not have the physical strenghth to battle a very angry airport chuck-full with frustrated people.

So I set out o Monday for real, it had stopped raining, and all went about as smoothly as possible. I arrived on Tuesday and basically slept until Wednesday evening, only leaving the house to pick up a pollo asado for dinner. Thursday I managed to be more useful, did errands, cleaned the house and went to tutor my high school boys. The older one, Miguel, who is 16, won a scholarship to go study in London for two weeks this spring! I am so proud of him! We spent our whole class talking about the kind of guitar he wanted to find in London. ( He is VERY into guitars, has his own band, etc. ) So I got a lesson about every different kind of guitar and the differences between each, only having to occasionally correct his grammar and give him new vocabulary. A win-win. I also went jogging again, I beleive for the first time since the hambuger incident. I was a little nervous, and I still felt like people were looking at me funny but I arrived back home, unscathed. When I consulted Javi, the younger boy that I tutor, he confirmed that people are looking at me because it IS weird to go jogging in Spain, so if I was going to run around like a weirdo, I was just going to have to deal with the stares, so there.

Today I still have not gotten over this pesky jet-lag! Mags and I went out last night, and I have been sleeping all day long! I need to force myself to stay up during the day to finally get back on this schedule. I just had some breakfast at 6pm, on California time! It's ok, I still have the weekend to get over it.

Ok, just wanted to update to let everyone know that I have made it back, safe and sound.
Beso,
MC

2 comments:

Evil Roy Slade said...

Jogging is weird in Spain? How 'bout other exercise, weird also? I gotta move to Spain, that whole exercise/health/fitness thing is SO 20th century, I am So over it. No wonder they wave cloth imitation food products at you. LOVE the Spanish.

robinm said...

miss you lady! glad you made it back safe!!
<3!!