Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Better go with 'Jingle Bell Rock'....

Que pasa chicos....

I beleive my last post was about Thanksgiving and we are already doing Christmas! Noelia informed me since my class has the most time with an English teacher, we are expected to sing our song for the christmas program in english. So I had the bright idea to do "the 12 days of christmas' because then every student could have one line each. i had such grand ideas for our performace... (actually mom thought of it) i was going to have them all holding cards of a partridge, turtle doves, etc... but what i forgot when planning all this is that my students are completely incapable of being quiet much less waiting their turn to sing their part. en fin, the 12 days of christmas went down in fiery fiery flames. after the second day trying with 12 days, i brought a back up. now,we are going to sing 'Jingle Bell Rock' because it is only 3 verses long, they already kinda of know the regular jingle bells, and i told them they could wear sunglasses and pretend to be rock stars and they thought that was super. we already have about 2 lines down. Fi-ja-te.

Que ma.... oh here is a weird story for you... so I'm jogging last week... wait, but first let me just mention that people don't really jog in spain. well the spaniards don't. pretty much the only people that jog are the american college students. and me. so ok, im jogging along and i pass in front of the university. there parked in front, is a car of 4 chicos. the one in the back proceeds to pull out a STUFFED HAMBURGER. it was like a pillow, but in the shape and likeness of a hamburger. he proceeds to kind of shake the hamburger at me and try to say, in english, "Jam-beer-gur! Hambur-a-gur! Hamburger!" I just gave them a weird look and kept jogging. ..... but seriously WHAT THE F?!?!?! i mean i know i looked pretty american with my long sleeve tee, calf length work-out pants and my adidas.... but what the hell?!? what are they thinking, "oh, yes if i just shake this thing at this girl as shes jogging and say 'jamburger'....' i dont even know. but, i guess on the bright side, if the worst cultural harassment i am going to get for being american is to have a stuffed hamburger shook in my general direction while im jogging.... thats not so bad. just weird.

kat has illustrated this incident:



anyway, this weekend is the puente, a 4 days weekend! woohoo! we are going to stay with our friend Hayley down in El Puerto de Santa Maria, from there we are going to spend a day in Jerez, and we are also going to Gibraltar to see the monkeys. YES, if you didn't know there are monkeys in Gibraltar. and i am going to visit them!! my friend Lydia, the german girl from my school, is going to come with us, should be heaps of fun.

Hasta ahora,
MC

I will post about it next week, hopefully without mention of a rabid monkey attack.

1 comment:

The Steph said...

you should have them do the alvin and the chipmunk version of jingle bell rock, its so american...haha.